PATIENTS EXPERIENCE OF CARE SURVEY

 As I write this blog on how I felt about conducting a survey on the experience of patients after being at the hospital which I conducted a few months ago at Charlotte Maxeke. It made me realise the importance of exploring many sides of patients experience, it doesn't necessarily have to end on how the doctors or nurses treated them,their personal files being checked consistently but can also include the cleanliness of the hospital, whether it's a health hazard or not, warning signs, the right prescription of medication, clear direction signs to their respective check up points and also standing in queues for a long period of time .

I'm just highlighting a few things I came across in the questionnaire.In my opinion the questionnaire was patient friendly for both in-patients and out-patients and it also had a consent form meaning that we were not forcefully interrogating them,yes patients did have a lot to complain about and also compliment the good service they received since they all had different experiences. So while asking them some were a bit fussy and not everyone agreed on doing this which was okay. We also had to try navigate ways in which we can report all issues in (PEC) Patient's Experience Of Care offices and make sure patients don't complain about it anymore. Because bad publicity is good news as this will help the hospital improve on the place where they are lack and with the help of patients they would go a long way.

My team and I managed to get a total of 900 patients to interview in a week. It was quite challenging because some patients were either too ill, and some didn't want to participate. But regardless of that, it was such a good experience 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Awareness